Kindermusik Our Time (Level 2) celebrates the inquisitive, wide-eyed toddler who’s curious about everything and just can’t stop exploring! These engaging 45 minute classes acknowledge your child’s need to venture out on his own while maintaining the security and reassurance that only a nearby you can provide. Over the course of the 14-week session, your child will listen to new sounds and rhythms, engage in instrument and prop play, and enjoy a fun and interactive storytime, while you learn tips for weaving musical fun into the rest of the week. You’ll love watching your child blossom musically, developmentally, and socially while having the time of his life!
Kindermusik home materials let you continue the learning and fun at home! Home materials for all Our Time (Level 2) classes are built into the tuition and include two music and movement books, a home activity book, two home CDs, and a toy or instrument (a $68 value!)
What a Child and Caregiver Will Experience in Class
- Instrument exploration and ensemble skill development: Children will explore the physical characteristics and sounds of age-appropriate instruments which will eventually lead them to discover their potential for beat, rhythm, melody, and ensemble playing.
- Vocal play: Through vocal play, toddlers learn to form vowels and consonants, say words and phrases, and imitate rhythm and vocal inflection. In Kindermusik Our Time, vocal play is presented within the context of songs, chants, and activities done in class.
- Exploration time: Children will love discovering specially designed instruments, textures, sounds, and movements.
- Story time and early literacy: Listening to stories enhances language and speech development and fosters awareness of sounds, teaches use of language, and sends the message that words and symbols have meaning. The same experiences that help toddlers learn to read a book also help them learn to read music.
- Movement activities: Each class provides various opportunities for movement such as synchronized movement, group dances and circle games, and even expressive movement.
- Together time: Kindermusik is the essence of quality time, allowing parents to make the most of the fleeting toddler years, giving them the time and the tools to make music and memories together in class and at home.
- Relaxation time: Each class includes an opportunity to find a quiet moment in your busy day to bond with your child in a calm and meaningful way.
- Expert knowledge: Your Kindermusik educator explains how the musically-based activities enhance a toddler’s complete development.
- Weekly class recap: after each class, your Kindermusik educator will send a recap of that week's class, including benefits of the activities used in that class.
- Learning continues at home: With the home materials, the learning continues at home with the child's best teacher — the parent!