The 45-minute Kindermusik Village (Foundations) classes offer babies and young toddlers the perfect start in life, both musically and developmentally. Over the course of the session, your baby will begin to develop a sense of rhythm and steady beat while listening to rhymes and music and playing with baby-safe instruments. You’ll share cherished together time while bouncing, swaying, tapping, and dancing together in activities that build muscle strength and motor skills. Village (Foundations) classes are a fun way to nurture your relationship with your baby while connecting with other families experiencing the wonders and challenges of this all-too-brief life stage. Take-home materials include a home CD, instrument, and literature book to continue the Kindermusik learning experience at home!
Although your newborn won't actively participate as much as his or her older peers, we believe that early childhood music at this age is vital to development. Therefore, if your child is under 3 months old, we invite you to register for a Village Baby class free of charge until your child's 3 month birthday. Please contact us for details prior to registering in a class.
What a Child and Caregiver Will Experience in Class
- Variety of music: Musical diversity builds strong neural in a baby’s forming mind, which is why each Kindermusik semester contains an array of styles, sounds, and genres.
- Instrument play: Age-appropriate experiences with child-safe instruments enhance a sense of rhythm and steady beat, develops a keen awareness of the distinguishing qualities of sound, and encourages spontaneity and creativity.
- Dance: A classroom full of baby and adult pairs dancing together helps a little body develop the muscle strength needed to crawl and walk and helps a little heart to fall in love with the sheer joy of responding to music.
- Together time: Kindermusik class is truly the essence of “quality time,” offering the parent a place to create special memories with their child, gain new insights into their child’s development, and nurture their child’s natural love of music.
- Relaxation time: Each class includes an opportunity to find a quiet moment in your busy day to bond with your baby in a calm and meaningful way.
- Expert knowledge: Your Kindermusik Educator explains “what-to-watch-for” every step of the way and how each activity enhances a child’s complete development.
- Weekly class recap: after each class, your Kindermusik educator will send a recap of that week's class, including benefits of the activities used in that class.