Why Choose Kindermusik?
With more than 35 years of experience as the leader in musical learning, Kindermusik International understands music’s unique ability to impact children (and families!) in profound ways. Across private studios, public schools, and childcare centers in over 70 countries, children, parents, and teachers enjoy participating in Kindermusik’s fun, developmentally specific, and research-based music and movement classes. Parents also appreciate how enrollment in Kindermusik includes home materials, including their favorite songs, stories, and learning activities from class, so families can “play” Kindermusik wherever they go.
As a local Kindermusik studio, Hug-A-Bug Music brings the world of Kindermusik to our community in San Luis Obispo. Each week in the studio, children and caregivers meet for classes filled with singing, dancing, laughing, instrument playing, and storytelling—all backed by Kindermusik International’s team of early childhood music experts and the latest research on how children learn best. In addition, we partner with parents to support their role as a child’s first and best teacher by providing tools, tips, and resources to understand how (and why!) to use music and movement throughout the week.
Hug-A-Bug Music understands the importance of providing children with an early educational foundation. That's why we've chosen to teach Kindermusik at our studio. Based on current research and developmentally appropriate methodologies, the Kindermusik curricula uses music as the vehicle for learning during the first seven years of a child’s life, however, the benefits of music extend well beyond those early years.
Childhood development experts, researchers, and scientists agree that learning through music can set a child up for success in school and in life. The benefits of music for children include:
- Early Literacy and Language Development: Active music-making and activities that emphasize steady beat, rhythm, and pitch increase phonological awareness due to similarities in brain functioning between music and language. Plus, stories, nursery rhymes, fingerplays, and songs increase vocabulary acquisition and support early language development.
- Social-Emotional Skills: Music classes for children cultivate sharing, turn-taking, active listening, cooperation, paying attention, and healthy social interaction with peers and adults. Kindermusik supports the key abilities needed for children to grow into socially confident and capable people.
- Cognitive Skills: Musical learning provides gains in abstract reasoning, spatial and temporal reasoning, and self-control.
- Physical Skills: Playing developmentally appropriate instruments and moving around the room to music provides children opportunities to practice both fine- and gross-motor skills each week in class and at home with you.
- Music Skills: Kindermusik prepares children for traditional music lessons, including piano, violin, and voice. In class, children may experience steady beat during lap bounces or clapping games, play instruments together to support early ensemble development, learn to tap basic rhythm patterns, sing age-appropriate songs to support vocal development, or even learn to read and write music.
Learn more about the benefits of a Kindermusik education at Kindermusik.com.